In the business world today, nearly 96% of online shoppers have used discount codes at one point. The coupons are very influential in as far as product promotion is concerned. They can attract customers to your business.
Potential customers always take time browsing different sites before they buy anything. In most cases, it’s the price that they compare. Every customer wants a fair deal and if there is a discount on offer, they’ll definitely take advantage of it.
To the customer, discounts are nothing but a good deal. What about you as the owner of the business? Of course, the question is not whether you should adopt the marketing strategy but how you should do it to the advantage of your business.
Let’s look at the two sides of the coupons and how best to use them.
Discount codes, when intelligently integrated into your digital marketing campaign, have the power to help you sell more. They are able to achieve this by:
- Encouraging Repeat Purchases: Discount codes are powerful in pushing the customer back to your store after making the initial purchase. Since they are familiar with the offer, they’ll always be on the watch out for more.
- Hastening Purchases: Discount codes usually paint a ‘sense of urgency’ picture in the mind of the consumer. So, they are forced to grab the opportunity as soon as they see it or before the deal expires.
- Enhancing Consumption: When consumers realize that a given consumable is on offer, they tend to buy and use it more often. To the business, this means more sales.
- Beating Competition: Coupon codes are effective in convincing the customers that your offers are better than those of the competitors. Intelligent customers will always compare prices and when they realize that this is the case, they’ll stay loyal.
Let’s face it; coupons are a good thing to the customer but they have the power to hurt your business financially. If you are not careful, you may make losses instead of profits. Of course, promo codes will take money away from your account irrespective of how cautiously you use them. It’s all about balancing your accounts to make sure that you make some profit after offering the discount. Even if you are targeting to grow your business by attracting new customers, the coupons should not prevent you from making financial gain.
So, what should you do to prevent them from hurting your brand? Here are strategies that you can adopt:
- Attach the coupons to only the inventory that appears not to be moving. You don’t lose anything by discounting them.
- Only surprise the loyal customers with the coupons. This helps to make them more loyal.
- Set automated discounts only for new customers to appreciate them for shopping.
- Post your discount codes on coupon sites to target mobile users. No matter how you adjust the offer, there will always be someone interested as the site is a renowned one.
Without a doubt, promo codes have the power to impact positively or negatively on your business. To enjoy the latter, you have to implement them intelligently in your marketing strategy. To start off, you should try the above-highlighted tips.